Elephant Car Hire Terms and Conditions
Our Company: Elephant rent a car ltd is established since 1982 and it is consider one of the most reliable companies in the car hire sector in Cyprus with a fleet of 200 vehicles in different range and models. We respect your consumer rights and we are committed to provide quality cars and service for best value of your money. We do not believe in hidden charges, so you can always be assured to receive the best car rental experience through our high quality vehicles and high standard of service.
We offer services that other car hire company in Cyprus just can't offer as we include in the price given on booking a range of car hire insurances, which are designed to meet our customer's needs.
All rental prices given on booking include collision damage waiver, full insurance on accident with other vehicle, rented car fire insurance, rented car theft insurance (not for customer belongings), rented car windscreen insurance, rented car tires insurance, zero excess on accident with other vehicle, Cyprus airports service charge, collection of the rented car from Paphos airport, delivery of the rented car to Paphos airport, delivery of the rented car in Paphos town limits, collection of the rented car in Paphos town limits, road assistance, unlimited mileage, road taxes & V.A.T.
Cars selected for hire: Vehicles are booked by group not specific model and are subject to availability. Our company reserves the right to upgrade your vehicle without prior notice, if the model/group requested becomes unavailable for reasons unforeseen. The rate will remain the same as quoted. Please be aware that car hire requests less than 4 consecutive days will be declined.
Capacity: The number of people and luggage shown is a guide only. Most of our vehicles can seat 5-7 people comfortably but this may not be same in the case of child seats are needed. Luggage capacity depends on the size, shape, material made and number of people occupying the vehicle. If you are in any doubt we can advise you which vehicle is the most suitable for you in order to avoid any disappointment.
Consider renting a bigger vehicle as it is more comfortable and safer for passengers, and best to carry your personal belongings (luggage). However we do consider your personal preferences. To insure they are met early bookings are recommended.
Excess baggage transfer: This service is provided for convenience reasons only as it provides assistance for any excess baggage. We can offer transfer for your excess baggage to your chosen destination without hassle or stress. Whether you’re travelling with golf clubs, baby prams, wheel chairs, mobility scooters or just excess luggage it’s no problem for us and is hassle free for you.
Occupied northern part of Cyprus: You may take the rental vehicle to the occupied northern part of Cyprus, but please be aware that you are fully responsible for any accident or damages may occur to the rented vehicle and third party. Our insurance company does not provide any insurance cover for the rented vehicle and third party claims for the occupied northern part of Cyprus.
Fuel Policy: All rental vehicles from our company are delivered with a half tank of fuel approximately. The cost of fuel is charged in the same rate as in petrol stations across the island. Fuel is not included in the vehicle rental cost and must be paid on top upon delivery. The rental vehicle must be returned with an empty fuel tank at the end of the rental. Please note that the cost of any unused fuel is not refundable.
Extra Accessories: We are able to supply child seats upon request with our vehicles. Be aware that child safety seats are mandatory in Cyprus. There are three types available such as: baby, booster and infant seats. Please note that we carry standard type of child safety seats. Each seat costs €2 per day to hire, up to a maximum charge of €80 per rental. If needed, it must be requested at the time of booking. Be aware that due to insurance rules and regulations you will be required to fit the child seat yourself.
We are also able to supply satellite navigation system upon request with our cars. Each navigation system costs €2 euro per day to hire up to a maximum charge of €120 per rental. The extra accessories cost is not included in the car rental cost and must be paid on top of the rental.
Payment: All rental charges are payable on delivery in € currency in cash or on card. We accept all major credit and debit cards. The following credit or debit cards are accepted: master/ euro card, visa.
Any extra accessories cost is not included in the car rental cost and must be paid on top of the rental on delivery. A rental contract showing a detailed breakdown of all charges will be given at the delivery of the car.
Driver/Renters Responsibility: The driver/renter is responsible
• To inspect the vehicle before the rental period begins for any existing damage
• To take in mind all traffic regulations and comply with the country law
• For any traffic fines or recovery costs that may be occur when the rented vehicle is in his/her possession
• For taking appropriate measures to secure and safeguard the rented vehicle until the completion of the rental period as given on the rental agreement.
•To keep the rented vehicle interior as clean as possible (Professional deep cleaning cost €300)
• To contact the police, our insurance company and our company immediately in the event of an accident
• To change the tyre in case of a puncture. All rental vehicles are equipped with spare tyre and necessary tools (scissor jack and spanner)
• To read thoroughly the rental agreement given on delivery before signing. The customer enters into the agreement voluntarily with full knowledge of its effects and with his/she’s signature agrees with the charges set and accepts fully responsibility for the rental vehicle and its equipment until the completion of the rental period as given on the rental agreement.
Driving conditions: All drivers, main or additional, regardless of age, are obliged to hold a full valid driving license for at least 3 years. Maximum driver’s age is 75 years old, although drivers over this age may still be eligible to hire a car depending on their state of health.
Drivers between 20-24 years are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €8 per day.
Drivers between 75-80 years are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €3 per day.
Drivers between 81-99 years are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €5 per day.
Extra drivers may obtain the right to drive the vehicle at an extra charge of €2 per day.
Rental vehicle delivery: Our Company provides vehicles without damage, however where unforeseen circumstances prevent this and a vehicle is rented out with existing damage, this damage will be recorded on the vehicle condition diagram given on the rental agreement before the rental period begins.
If the driver/renter notices any damage to the rental vehicle not recorded on the condition diagram upon delivery he or she must report the damage to our staff immediately in order to confirm and record this before the rental period begins. Our company will not rent out vehicles with damage which in any way can be unsafe to drive or unfit for its purpose.
Rental vehicle return: The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as it was delivered on the starting date of the rental agreement. We require that the renter returns the vehicle in a clean condition (normal wear and tear excepted). If the vehicle is exceptionally dirty upon return or if there is damage to the seats, seat upholstery or the carpets an additional charge for deep cleaning will apply. This charge will be dependent upon the actual state of the vehicle when returned.
If the vehicle is returned out of hours the customer will still be the responsible for the vehicle until a member of staff has checked in the vehicle. Any damage not recorded on the vehicle condition diagram given on the rental agreement is considered new damage and the driver/renter will be held liable. Most vehicle damage can be determined by a visual check over the body, tools and accessories of the vehicle.
Vehicle condition diagram: The diagram indicates the condition of the vehicle at the starting date of the rental agreement. Any existing damage to the rental vehicle is recorded on the diagram before the rental period begins. Damages are recorded in a coding system using letters. An explanation to this coding is given on the rental agreement.
The diagram provided on the rental agreement is as a true representation of the vehicle condition at the beginning of the rental and the driver/renter verifies, accepts and confirms this with his/her signature before the rental period begins. No adding or deleting can be made to the vehicle condition diagram after rental agreement signing is completed.
The driver/renter has the right to refuse to sign the rental agreement if the vehicle condition diagram is not fully completed. The driver/renter has the right to refuse to conclude the rental agreement if the rental car is considered to be unsafe to drive.
The customer enters into the agreement voluntarily with full knowledge of its effects and with his/she’s signature agrees with the charges set and accepts fully responsibility for the rental vehicle and its equipment until the completion of the rental period as given on the rental agreement.
Rental agreement termination/refuse to conclude: The rental company has the right to refuse to conclude or terminate the rental agreement and take immediate possession of the rental vehicle
• If the driver/renter is acknowledged as being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substances
• If the driver/renter drives the rented vehicle on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road which can be unfit for its purpose
• If the driver/renter disagrees with the rental agreement terms and condition applied to every rental and every customer
• If the driver/renter is acknowledged using the rented vehicle irresponsibly or for any illegal purpose
• If the driver/renter intentionally causes damage to the rented vehicle and third party
• If the driver/renter is acknowledged to be unfit to drive the rented vehicle and can pose a threat to the public, him/her and to the vehicle
In the case of an accident/damage or theft to the rented vehicle: Our insurance cover policy includes collision damage waiver with zero excess liability if the rented vehicle is involved in an accident with another vehicle and the standard procedure as written below is followed.
In the case of any accident with another vehicle, even if it is the authorized driver of the rented vehicle fault, and the correct procedure as written below is followed, the renter is covered by our insurance scheme with zero excess liability.
Vehicles involved must never be removed from place of accident until police or insurance accident report has been completed. If you do not report the accident to the police and our insurance company immediately and comply with the requirements under the country's law, the insurance will become invalid.
In the event of an accident you must immediately contact the police, the insurance company and our company giving them brief information where the incident took place. Contact details are printed on the rental agreement.
It is also mandatory to report any damage or theft to rented vehicle immediately to our company and our staff will need to inspect the vehicle before is moved.
Excess liability: This is applied only if the driver/renter does not comply with the rental agreement terms and conditions.
• Without a written police or insurance accident report which is proof of the damage occurred to the rented vehicle no insurance cover is provided and the driver/renter becomes responsible with an excess liability up to €500.
• If the rented vehicle is damaged in a non-public road or damaged by driver’s negligence the driver/renter becomes responsible with an excess liability up to €300.
• For damages occurred to the rented vehicle while driven on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road the driver/renter is responsible with an excess liability up to €500.
• Any damage or theft to rented vehicle must be reported immediately to our company and our staff will need to inspect the vehicle before is moved. Fail to do this the insurance will become invalid and the driver/renter will be held responsible with an excess liability up to €300
• In the case that the rented vehicle is returned with damage not recorded on the vehicle condition diagram as given on the rental agreement, the driver/renter will be held responsible with an excess liability up to €300.
Credit or debit card must be presented as a guarantee on delivery for a €200 block amount until vehicle return. This amount will be unblocked on vehicle collection after inspection is completed by a member of our staff for any new damages.
Any damage not recorded on the vehicle condition diagram given on the rental agreement is considered new damage and the driver/renter will be held liable. Most vehicle damage can be determined by a visual check over the body, tools and accessories of the vehicle.
Independent car rental insurance: The rental company will not try to scare customers into purchasing any extra insurance on delivery as we do not believe in hidden charges.
Therefore we have established collaboration with Status Global Insurance for a stress free holiday. Our customers have the advantage to purchase their own independent car rental insurance policy directly from Status Global Insurance in UK via their websites.
Status Global Insurance is a UK company grounded in providing quality products with integrity. The range of products offered by Status Global Insurance is distributed via more than 250 registered intermediaries across the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as direct to consumers via their websites and call centre.
Where the rental company will charge costs as appropriate the renter may reclaim via their individual excess insurance. A detailed receipt will be given if asked, with theses costs for the reclaim.
In the event of damage to the rented vehicle our company will select the repairer. The repairs can be completed only by a licensed and authorized repairer who will carry out quality repairs using only genuine parts. Repairs to the vehicle will be carried out in a way to minimize your costs taking into account availability of parts and repairer workload.
Have in mind that you will need to present a copy of your individual car rental insurance policy on delivery.
You can find out more at: http://statusglobalinsurance.com/insurance-products/car-rental-insurance/
Insurance Limitations: No insurance cover is provided
• If the vehicle is driven into the occupied Northern area of the island
• If the vehicle is driven under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substances
• If the vehicle is driven on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road which can be unfit for its purpose
• If intentionally trying to damage the vehicle
• If failed to take in mind traffic regulations
• Loss or damage to the vehicle key. In this case the customer will be charged for the replacement key which is approximately €150 plus any associated transport costs. Vehicle keys are chip coded and are expensive to replace.
• Unauthorized driving (drivers not stated on the rental agreement)
How to book a car step by step:
1. Go to our car hire quotation form in the home page. Add first the pick-up date, time and location you need to hire a car. Continue by adding drop off date, time and location of the car. Submit your request by clicking “search” in order to see which vehicle best suits your needs. All cars are displayed in groups with the total price for the selected period.
2. Select your car of preference by clicking “book car” in order to proceed to the next step.
3. Add your personal details in the form displayed. You can also add any extras if needed (baby seat, booster seat, and satellite navigation system) and then submit your car hire booking request by clicking “book now”.
An automated e-mail will be sent back to you confirming that your booking request has been sent successfully. When your request is confirmed, you will receive a second e-mail advising you accordingly. Please be aware that car hire requests less than 4 consecutive days will be declined. Please ensure you have entered your e-mail address correctly, otherwise we will be unable to confirm your booking.
Thank you for taking the time to read the rental agreement terms and conditions. For any questions or concerns, which are not answered by the information provided above, please feel free to contact us.
We welcome you to become one of our valued customer and friend.