Cyprus’s Road Rules?
- In Cyprus all vehicles drive on the left hand side of the street
- When the traffic light is green you must start driving and when the traffic light is red you must stop
- Speed limits are strictly forced by police using laser radar. Fines for speeding are very expensive
- The speed limit on the highway is 100 km
- The speed limit on built up areas is 50km
- Drivers and all passengers must always wear seat belts
Drivers remain responsible for any parking or speeding fines they may incur whilst driving one of our vehicles. Payment should be made to the local police stations before leaving the island. Unpaid fines can be pursued overseas by Cypriot authorities and may incur further penalties for the delay.