1. Rental cars selected: Cars for hire are booked by group, not by specific model and are subject to availability. Our car rental company reserves the right to upgrade your hire car without prior notice, if the model/group requested becomes unavailable for unforeseen circumstances. The car hire rate will remain the same as originally quoted with no extra charge for the upgrade. However, we do consider your personal preferences and we will try our very best to provide you with the rental car chosen. To ensure your personal preferences are met early car hire booking is recommended.
2. Rental car capacity: The number of people and luggage capacity given on our website is a guide only. While most of the rental cars given in our car fleet can carry from 4 up to 8 people comfortably some rental cars have limited boot/cargo space. A car luggage capacity depends on the luggage size, shape and the material made (plastic or fabric). If there are only 2-3 people travelling you may be able to use the hire car back seats for extra luggage space, however this may not be possible if safety car seats are required, as extra seating room is occupied. In the case that all the rental car seats are occupied either plan to travel light or book a larger size hire car, it is more comfortable for passengers and suitable to carry your personal belongings. If you are in any doubt, we can advise you accordingly which rental car is the most suitable for you in order to avoid any disappointment on car hire delivery. Have in mind that cars are manufactured to carry people hence the seats and safety seat belts provided.
3. Rental car tracking device: All rental cars within our car fleet are fitted with a GPS tracking device. These devices have been fitted with our customers safety in mind, which gives you piece of mind that our customers are our number 1 priority and concern. The GPS tracking devices are primarily being used for security reasons, that is to obtain the rental car location in case of a theft. We will also use the tracker to pin point your exact location in case of any breakdown, this will enable us to locate you quickly and safely, thus removing the worry of you trying to find out your exact location. Additionally, the rental car tracker enables active monitoring of the hire car electrical systems and provides notifications in the event of a low battery or any unusual battery drain. If the hire car battery is failing and this often results in getting stuck at most inconvenient times and places the tracking device will detect this and will trigger an alert before the battery voltage falls below the critical level.
4. Rental car driving conditions: All drivers, main or additional regardless of age are obliged to hold a full valid driving license for at least 3 years. The maximum driver’s age for rental cars in Cyprus is 75 years old and the minimum driver's age is 25 years old. A)Drivers with driving experience less than 3 years are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €10 per day in order to obtain the right to drive the rental car. B)Drivers between 75-90 years old are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €5 per day in order to obtain the right to drive the rental car. C)Drivers between 21-24 years old are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €10 per day in order to obtain the right to drive the rental car.
5. Rental car fuel policy: All rental cars from our car hire company are delivered with ½ tank of fuel approximately. The cost of fuel is charged at the same rate as the petrol stations across the island. Fuel is not included in the car rental cost and must be paid in addition to the hire cost upon delivery. The rental car must be returned with an empty fuel tank at the end of the rental period. Please note that the cost of any unused fuel is non-refundable.
6. Rental car optional extras: You can add any extras needed to your car rental on the 3rd step of your online booking. A)We are able to supply child safety car seats upon request with our rental cars. There are 2 categories available. Standard safety car seats and ISOFIX base safety car seats. We have 4 types of safety car seats such as: forward facing car seats, rear facing car seats (new-born), cushion booster car seats and high back booster’s car seats. Standard safety car seats cost €3 per day extra to hire and ISOFIX base safety car seats cost €6 per day extra to hire. Be aware that child safety car seats are mandatory in Cyprus. Due to insurance rules and regulations, you will be required to fit the safety car seat yourself. B)Additional drivers may obtain the right to drive the rental car at an extra charge of €3 per day. This charge may change according to the driver age and driving experience. C)After various customer requests for an extra safety package for their car rental, our customers now have the option to reduce their hire car damage liability and automatically shift a part of their responsibility back to the rental company (more information provided below).
7. Car hire payment: All car rental costs are payable on delivery in € currency either by cash or bank card (debit or credit). The following bank cards are accepted: MasterCard, Visa card, Euro card and Traveller card. American Express (Amex) and Maestro are not accepted. Additionally, our customers have the option to prepay their car rental by bank transfer and benefit an extra discount on the car hire total cost. Be aware that the additional discount is given ONLY for prepayments by bank transfer. This extra discount is valid for 7 days ONLY after your car hire booking request is confirmed. Bank details will be forwarded by email in order to benefit from the extra discount given for car rental prepayments. Furthermore, a detailed breakdown of all car hire charges and optional extras selected will be sent automatically by email after your car hire booking request is submitted.
8. Car hire cancellation policy: This applies only if you have prepaid your car rental. We require 15 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival date otherwise a cancellation fee will be applied. A)30% of the total amount paid for your car rental will be deducted if you cancel 14 to 10 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. We will return the remaining 70% of the total amount paid for your car rental on the same day of cancellation. B)50% of the total amount paid for your car rental will be deducted if you cancel 9 to 5 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. We will return the remaining 50% of the total amount paid for your car rental on the same day of cancellation. C)100% of the total amount paid for your car rental will be deducted if you cancel 4 to 1 day prior to your scheduled arrival date or No show.
9. Occupied part of Cyprus: Our insurance company do not provide any insurance coverage for the rental car or third-party claims for the occupied northern part of Cyprus. Even if you purchase an extra insurance coverage from the borders or follow the reporting guidelines in case of an accident in the occupied northern part of Cyprus the car hire insurance becomes invalid due to political reasons. Please be aware that northern part authorities (police/insurance/borders) are not recognised by the Cyprus government therefore any documentation obtained by northern part authorities is invalid therefore you will be fully responsible for any accidents, damages caused to the rental car or third party, recovery costs or any additional costs that may arise.
10. Rental car driver/renter responsibility: When renting a car, the driver/renter is responsible: A)To inspect the hire car before the rental period begins for any existing damage to the rental car. B)To take in mind all traffic regulations and comply with the Cyprus law. C)For any traffic fines or recovery costs that may occur while the hire car is in his/her possession. D)For taking appropriate measures to secure and safeguard the hire car until the completion of the car rental period as given in print on the rental agreement. E)To keep the hire car interior as clean as possible, normal wear and tear is expected. Smoking is NOT allowed while using the rental car. F)To contact the police, the insurance company and our car rental company immediately in the event of a collision/accident or damage to the hire car. Contact details will be given in print on the rental agreement. G)To contact the police, the rental car insurance company and our car hire company immediately in the case of theft of/to the hire car. H)To change the hire car tire in case of a puncture. All hire cars are equipped with a spare tire and necessary tools (scissor jack and spanner). You should contact our car hire company for tire repairs on working days (Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00). I)To return the hire car in its original condition as provided on delivery. This means without any new damages and cleaned. Car wash cost is €10. J)To read thoroughly the rental agreement given on delivery before signing. K)To take his/her own pictures showing the condition of the hire car on delivery. The photos taken on delivery are to show the general condition of the rental car before the car rental period begins, which safeguards the customer firstly and the car rental company secondly. In this way the car rental company cannot claim any charges from the customer for any existing previous damages to the hire car.
The driver/renter enters into the car hire agreement voluntarily, with full knowledge of its effects and with his/her signature agrees with the charges set and accepts full responsibility for the hire car and its equipment until the completion of the car rental period as given in print on the rental agreement.
11. Hire car collision damage waiver: CDW full insurance included in the car rental cost shifts all responsibility for any extra charges from the driver/renter to the car rental company. This means that the car rental company waives the right to collect a high deductible from the driver/renter and most importantly it covers all the damages caused to the hire car and third-party claims, therefore the driver/renter would NOT be held responsible for any repair fees or additional charges. Be aware that this level of insurance provides coverage ONLY for damages to the hire car and third-party claims in the case that the rental car is involved in a collision/accident with another vehicle on the public road and the correct reporting procedure is followed (as given below). The hire car CDW full insurance with ZERO excess liability included in your car rental cost is to protect you from the financial burden of an accident and third-party claims, but failure to follow the reporting guidelines and comply with the requirements under Cyprus law means that the hire car full insurance protection becomes invalid. You should always be aware that there are insurance limitations which mean that CDW full insurance protection becomes invalid. Additionally, you should be aware that unexpected damages that may occur to the hire car without being involved in collision/accident with another vehicle on the public road are NOT covered by the CDW full insurance protection as given above therefore you will be required to pay an amount (hire car damage liability) of money towards a claim.
12. Collision/accident reporting guidelines: In the case of a collision/accident with another vehicle on the public road, even if it is the authorised driver of the hire car error which resulted in a collision, the renter/driver of the hire car is fully covered by our insurance scheme with ZERO excess liability as long as the correct procedure as stated below is followed. Our insurance policy states that you are required to report the accident, regardless of the amount of damage. Vehicles involved must never be moved from the collision/accident scene until a collision/accident report is completed either by the police officer or by the vehicle insurance representative attending. Contact details will be given in print on the car rental agreement. Any collision/accident with another vehicle on the public road where the damage is significant or not, must always be reported to the police and to our insurance company straight away and brief information must be provided of where the incident took place in order for them to attend the place of collision/accident. Any collision/accident where there is damage to property, third party or if someone is injured will require a police and vehicle insurance report. Injury claims especially have a way of escalating very quickly, even when they appear minor at the scene. Even if the police report is completed for the collision/accident, you must also notify the hire car insurance company. Please be aware that the police officer attending is not responsible to report the collision/accident to the hire car insurance company so it is very important that you should report this. If the renter/driver fails to report the collision/accident to the police, the hire car insurance company and our car rental company immediately and comply with the requirements under the Cyprus law, the car rental insurance will become invalid and the renter/driver can be held liable up to the market value of the hire car and third-party claims. The charges will be dependent on the actual extent of the damages caused and third-party claims.
13. Hire car damage liability: Unexpected damages that may occur to the hire car without being involved in collision with another vehicle on the public road are NOT covered by the CDW full insurance protection therefore the driver/renter of the hire car becomes responsible with a damage liability starting from €100 up to €700. The charges will be dependent on the actual extent of the damages caused to the hire car or third party. A)Damages occurred to the hire car in car parks, hotel car park etc. B)Damages occurred to the hire car or third party by customers negligence. C)Damages occurred to the hire car by reversing in to a wall or stationary object, crash into a tree etc. D)Damages occurred to the hire car front/back bumpers, side skirts due to high kerbs/road humps. E)Damages occurred to the hire car while driven on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road. Two-wheel drive hire cars are forbidden for off road driving. F)Damages occurred to the hire car interior, car seats, baby safety cars seats, upholstery. G)Damages occurred to the hire car keys which are chip coded and expensive to replace.
In the case that the rental car is returned with damage not recorded on the car rental condition diagram or on the hire car photos taken on delivery date by our representative will be considered as new damages to the rental car and the driver/renter will be held responsible. The photos taken on delivery date are to show the general condition of the rental car before the car rental period begins, which safeguards the customer firstly and the car rental company secondly. In this way the car rental company cannot claim any charges from the customer for any existing previous damages to the hire car. These photos will be forwarded to the customer by email. New damages to the rental car can be verified by comparing the photos taken on hire car delivery date and the photos taken on hire car return date. Most of the hire car damages can be determined by a visual check over the hire car body, hire car interior, hire car tools and accessories. The repairs to the hire car can be completed only by a licensed and authorised repairer (our company will select the repairer) who will carry out quality repairs to the hire car using only genuine parts. For minor damage that do not require the replacement of parts or a panel to the hire car, the repairer, will use a variety of repair tools in order to reinstate the rental car to its original contours. Repairs to the rental car will be carried out in a way to minimise your costs taking into account availability of parts and repairer workload. High customer service is crucial for our car hire company and we are committed to providing the same level of service to each and every one of our customers, therefore we are obliged to repair our hire cars when damaged to ensure customer safety and satisfaction.
14. Hire car damage liability reduction: After various customer requests for an extra safety package our customers have the option to reduce their hire car damage liability and automatically shift a part of their responsibility back to the rental company. In actual fact when your damage liability is reduced it saves you from having to pay out the whole amount of a claim in case of unexpected damages that may occur to the hire car without the rental car being involved in an accident. It's difficult to know what is going to happen during your holidays but there is certainly a value to enjoying peace of mind while travelling. There are 2 options available for your hire car damage liability reduction which you can request on the 3rd step of your online booking. A)Reduce hire car damage liability from €700 to €400 at an extra charge of €5 per day. B)Reduce hire car damage liability from €700 to €100 at an extra charge of €10 per day.
Please be aware that our car rental company will not try to scare any customer into purchasing any extra insurance coverage. Our customers have the right to purchase their own independent car rental excess/damage/travel insurance from any insurance company of their choice. Where the rental company will charge costs as appropriate the renter may reclaim these costs via their individual insurance. A detailed receipt will be given if requested with these costs for the reclaim. You should always have in mind that even if you reduce the hire car damage liability the hire car security deposit is still needed, as there are insurance limitations.
15. Hire car security deposit: The security deposit is standard with all the car rental companies in Cyprus which safeguard the car hire company for any additional costs that may arise during the car rental period. We recommend adding the deposit amount needed to your holiday budget as this is not included in the car rental cost. Have in mind that you will not be able to use this amount during your holidays as this will be kept until hire car return. The security deposit will be fully refunded on hire car return as soon as a member of our staff inspects the rental car and ensures that is returned in its original condition as provided on delivery. The time it takes for the amount to be shown to the renter's account will depend on their banking institution rules and regulations. Normally renters should be able to see the amount in their account in approximately 2 working days. The hire car security deposit can be settled either by cash or bank card (credit or debit) in € currency. The following credit or debit cards are accepted: MasterCard, Visa card, Euro card and Traveller card. A)Renters/drivers of the hire car that drive on the left side of the road (steering wheel on right side) in their country must present as a guarantee on delivery a €250 hire car security deposit until rental car return. B)Renters/drivers of the hire car that drive on the right side of the road (steering wheel on left side) in their country must present as a guarantee on delivery a €500 hire car security deposit as driving in Cyprus is on the left (steering wheel on right side), therefore an extra risk is added to the rental company. C)Renters/drivers of the hire car with driving experience less than 3 years or drivers between 21-24 years of age must present as a guarantee on delivery a €700 hire car security deposit as an extra risk is added to the car rental company.
16. Rental car delivery: We are able to deliver 24/7 all over Cyprus as long as you have booked your rental car in advance. A)If we are delivering at Paphos or Larnaca airport our representative will be waiting for you outside the airport arrival hall holding the Elephant rent a car sign and escort you to your hire car. B)If we are delivering at the hotel that you are staying our representative will meet you at the hotel reception hall holding the Elephant rent a car sign and escort you to your hire car. C)If we are delivering at your holiday villa/apartment our representative will meet you at the street address that you will provide to us on booking.
Our car rental company provides hire cars without damage, however when unforeseen circumstances prevent this and a hire car is rented out with existing damage, this damage will be recorded either on the hire car condition diagram given in print on the car rental agreement or by photos taken from our representative on delivery in the customer presence. The photos taken on delivery are to show the general condition of the rental car before the car rental period begins, which safeguards the customer firstly and the car rental company secondly. In this way the car rental company cannot claim any charges from the customer for any existing previous damages to the hire car. These photos will be forwarded to the customer by email. When a customer signs up for a car rental, they should have all the facts at their fingertips with the exact condition of the hire car on delivery given by photos. Our car rental company will not rent out cars with damage that in anyway causes the rental car unsafe to drive or unfit for its purpose. The driver/renter has the right to refuse to conclude the car rental agreement if the rental car is considered to be unsafe to drive.
17. Rental car return: The rental car must be returned in the same condition as provided on delivery. This means without any new damages and cleaned. Car wash cost is €10. If the rental car is returned out of hours the customer will still be responsible for the rental car until a member of staff inspects the hire car and ensures that is returned in its original condition as provided on delivery. Pictures will be taken showing the condition of the hire car on return. Any damage not recorded on the delivery photos which have been forwarded by email to the customer on rental car delivery date will be considered as new damage to the hire car and the driver/renter will be held liable. New damages to the hire car can be verified by comparing the photos taken on rental car delivery date and the photos taken on rental car return date. The hire car condition photos with damages to the hire car will be forwarded to the customer by email before we proceed to any charges. We also require that the hire car must be returned with a clean interior, normal wear and tear is expected. If the hire car interior is exceptionally dirty upon return or if there is damage to the car seats, car seat upholstery and carpets an additional charge for deep cleaning will be applied.
18. Car rental agreement termination: Our car rental company has the right to refuse to conclude or terminate the car rental agreement and take immediate possession of the rental car. A)If the driver/renter is acknowledged to be under the influence of alcohol, medication or any other substances. B)If the driver/renter drives the hire car on unpaved road/non-tarmac/trail/off road which can be unfit for its purpose. C)If the driver/renter disagrees with the car rental agreement terms and conditions applied to every car rental and every customer. D)If the hire car driver/renter is acknowledged using the rented car irresponsibly or for any illegal purpose. E)If the driver/renter intentionally causes damage to the hire car and/or to third party. F)If the driver/renter is acknowledged to be unfit to drive the rental car and can pose a threat to the public or to third party.
19. Car rental insurance limitations: No insurance cover is provided in the case of: A)If the rental car is driven into the occupied Northern part of Cyprus. B)If the rental car is driven under the influence of alcohol, medication or any other substances. C)If the rental car is driven on unpaved road/non-tarmac/trail/off road which can be unfit for its purpose. Two-wheel drive hire cars are forbidden for off road driving. D)If intentionally trying to damage the hire car. E)If failed to take in mind traffic regulations. F)For lost or total damaged hire car keys which are chip coded and expensive to replace. In this case the customer will be charged for the replacement car key which can cost from €150 to €300 plus any associated transport costs. The charges will be dependent on the actual car key/device. G)For unauthorised hire car driving (drivers not stated on the rental agreement). H)For any unreported accidents or theft to/of the rental car. I)For damages caused to the hire car engine/gearbox/electronics due to customer negligence.
20. Complaints: In the event that you are disappointed with the hire car provided or service or have any other reason to complain, we will attempt to assist you in order to reach an acceptable resolution before the end of your car rental period. You must immediately contact our car rental company in writing by email on firstname.lastname@example.org and give us the opportunity to deal with your complaint in order to reach a satisfactory settlement for all justifiable complaints regarding your car rental that you may have. Complaints received at the end of your car rental period will not be accepted as you deprive our car rental company of the opportunity to attempt to rectify the complaint, you will therefore forfeit your right to compensation. If you have any complaint regarding any service, we provide you must inform us immediately in writing and in any event within 2 days of the provision of the service in question. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified.
21. Car hire insurances & Services included: All rental prices given through our web page include: A)Collision Damage Waiver on accident with another vehicle on the public road. B)Zero excess liability on accident with another vehicle on the public road. C)Rented car maintenance & service. D)Airport service charge. E)Rented car tires insurance. F)Unlimited mileage. G)Road taxes & VAT. H)24/7 Rented car delivery and return. I)Rented car replacement in case of breakdown. J)Rented car fire insurance (not for customer belongings). K)Rented car theft insurance (not for customer belongings or damages occurred). L)Rented car windscreen insurance. M)Rented car MOT inspection. N)24/7 Airport meet and greet.
We clearly display all applicable charges that our customers will pay, mandatory and optional, as we do not believe in hidden charges and terms so our customers receive the very best car rental experience through our high-quality hire cars and high standard of service.